Activity terms and conditions
Winter safaris are operated when the snow, ice and weather conditions are safe enough.
When booking safaris, the safaris are paid for in full. Payment non refund.
All safaris start and end at Arctic River Resort and are operated with a minimum 2 participants. The price includes: transfers, guidance, and if needed winter overalls, shoes and helmet.
Remember to dress warmly and according to weather, especially in the winter time.
For children under 2 years we do not recommend husky, snowmobile and ice fishing safari. Parents are hold responsible of theirs under 18 years old children during the safaris.
Of the safety reasons we do not recommend for pregnant to participate snowmobile – and husky safari as the vibrations and exhaust fumes might be harmful. The pregnant participates in other activities at her own risk.
The activites duration is the estimated time. Time may vary due to weather conditions or other unforeseen changes. Arctic River Resort is not responsible for any additional costs incurred by the customer due to any delay.
Snowmobile safari conditions
- To drive a snowmobile, driver need to be at least 18 years old and have valid car driving license. License need to be carried on the safari.
- Snowmobiles are insures as required by the Finnish Traffic Insurance Act. The insurance covers drivers, the passangers and other people or vehicle damage caused.
- The driver is fully responsible of the snowmobile handed over to him / her and for any damage to it.
- In the event of damage, the self liability is 1200 € / snowmobile / damage.
- Driving and safety instructions are given before the start of the snowmobile safari.
- To avoid damage, driver is committed to drive the snowmobile only on marked snowmobile routes as well as to follow all guides safety instructions, the rules and regulations that apply.
- Children travelling in a sledge pulled by a snowmobile-guide.
- According Finnish law, It is forbidden to drive a snowmobile under the influence of alcohol or any narcotic substances.
Aurora Borealis is a nature phenomenon. Arctic River Resort will do the best that Auroras are seen on each Aurora hunting safari, but there is no guarantee of seeing them. No refund in case Auroras does not appear.
Aurora season: it´s best approximately 1.9.-31.3.
Arctic River Resort reserve the rights to cancel or for changes:
- If minimum participant (2 persons) does not occur.
- Due to prevailing weather conditions, or if deemed advisable due to safety reasons and the comfort of the participants.
- If a participant is seen as a potential danger to him/herself or to others, or is in poor health.
- If the activity has not been paid by the due date.
Arctic River Resort has a General Third Party Liability Insurance.
All rates include VAT.